Date(s) - 17/01/2023
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Effective triage is a key skill for nursing teams across our hospital eye clinics. This helps us to see the most serious cases urgently, reduces unnecessary visits to eye casualty clinics and can help sign-post patients to the best setting of care.
This innovative online course is designed for anyone who is involved in triaging acute referrals in your eye clinic, particularly those who are developing their knowledge and experience.
This will be delivered over two 1.5hr evening online tutorials in small groups by Stanley Keys – an experienced hospital optometrist based in Inverness, and developer of optometry-evolution.
The course will cover the following:
- What is an emergency eye condition?
- A systemic approach to gaining a clear history and symptoms
- Red flag signs and symptoms
- An overview of the most common urgent and emergency conditions
- The key principles of triaging
- Communication tips for effective triage
All delegates will receive:
- A copy of the Eye Triage Guide – a 32 page booklet to supplement this course and to use as a reference in clinical work
- A certificate of participation for 3hrs CPD time
Part 1 – Tuesday 17th January 2023. 7.30pm to 9.00pm
Part 2 – Tuesday 7th February 2023. 7.30pm to 9.00pm
If your department would benefit from a bespoke course for your triage team, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Log in if you already have an account with us.